Senior Backend Developer - Anti-Spam
Badoo is seeking an expert server-side developer to join our Anti-Spam team. The Anti-Spam team stands on guard for security and safety of our users, and work hard to protect them from any kind of spam, scam or fraud.
- Create large scale web applications (360+ million users, over 1 billion dynamic requests to the backend daily);
- Implement Big Data processing pipelines with PHP, Hadoop and Spark (Java/Scala)
- Work on analytical systems, to search and destroy any spam-related threats as soon as possible
- Create software for analysing texts, pictures and behaviour of potential spammers
- Actively participate in the whole process of development, from initial design to deployment and support
- Proactively communicate with colleagues, discuss applications design
- Suggest and implement high-tech, innovative solutions
- Optimise web applications, look for bottlenecks and, as and when necessary, implement visualisation and monitoring systems
- Be deadline focused and report potential issues in a timely manner
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Team leadership of 3-4 developers
- Experience with highly available distributed systems
- Broad programming language knowledge: multiple from PHP, GO, Python, Scala, Java desirable
- Experience designing relational databases (MySQL)
- Ability to optimise and fine-tune web applications that use MySQL
- Experience implementing large scale projects using LAMP
- Proactive and result-oriented
- Experience with security-related projects
- Experience using Spark and Machine Learning techniques desirable
There’s nothing ordinary about working at Badoo. We’re just as social as our product and don’t hide behind our computers. Innovation is key to what we do and since we’re a rapidly growing start-up, things move fast. We’re a diverse, international bunch and are based in amazing offices in Soho, with perks to match.
Badoo is the largest dating network in the world. With 360 million users across 190 countries and 450 employees worldwide, Badoo provides the best technology for people to meet, because happiness is better shared.
Each day more than 400,000 people sign up for a Badoo experience; users send over 350 million messages and 10 million photos are added to the Badoo platform. Users spend an average of 1.8 hours daily on the Badoo experience, for a total of over 12 billion swipes per day.
Badoo also operates a number of white label licences for various international brands. For more information, please visit badoo.com.