Badoo is looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to be responsible for the management of a team of engineers designing and developing new features in Badoo apps. Working with a highly experienced team of senior developers in an innovative and fast-paced Agile environment, you will be responsible for various high profile projects crucial to the company's success.
- Deliver value: Help the Product team through effective team management of engineers on projects from implementation through to delivery, and manage expectations accordingly
- Remove obstacles: Synchronising different sets of competing priorities in a single backlog can sometimes be challenging. Remove obstacles preventing your team delivering as fast as possible.
- Give Feedback: Provide a clear career path for developers and have regular 1:1 meetings with them to track their performance and progress towards their personal goals; lead Performance Appraisals and determine bonuses
- Promote company culture: Help build an environment where interactions between team members happen fluently in an environment based on integration and respect
- Be the go-to person and lead by example
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Proven track record of leading and motivating and experienced developers; with engineering teams larger than 5
- Experience supporting Product Owners and developers to maximise product value to our company and users
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: Scrum, Kanban, Continuous Integration, Automated Testing, etc.
- Hands-on experience building mobile applications
- Ideally 5+ years experience working within tech
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a technical discipline
- Strong leadership and organisation skills
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), project planning, coaching
- Demonstrable experience delivering solutions in a highly complex and dynamic environment
- Ability to interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organisational levels
- Good knowledge of social networking applications desirable